At Abbots Green, it is our vision that:
Every day we come together to grow as individuals. We challenge ourselves and celebrate successes as we create our pathway for the future.
Our vison was established in 2018, to establish a new direction for the school. Our school logo and rainbow values symbolise our commitment to striving to be the very best in our own unique way.
It is our whole school commitment that every child will reach their potential in an environment that is safe for all. At Abbots Green, we stand against all forms of discrimination against any individual in relation to the protected characteristics contained within the Equality Act 2010.
Our School Ethos
As our vision statement suggests, it is of most importance that every child reaches their full potential to enable them to become a well-rounded citizen for the world beyond Abbots Green.
As children learn about themselves as individuals, our rainbow values are incorporated into all that we do.
As a school community, there is a mutual respect and commitment to understanding that all rainbow values support the growth of every child as an individual.
To scaffold our ethos, we ensure that:
- We develop positive relationships with parents, Governors, local schools and the wider community.
- We go the ‘extra mile’ to make learning as enjoyable and memorable for the children as possible.
- Each child is encouraged to be different and to understand their uniqueness.
- Every child, and their family are supported in the best possible way.
- We model positivity - it is at the heart of all that we do.
- We celebrate our successes within our school community.
Abbots Green Equality Objectives
As a Rights and Respecting School, it is of great importance to us that all members of our school community are treated equally and respect one another.
It is our intention that Abbots Green is a safe environment that promotes equality. We develop inspiring places to learn, where children are respected, their talents are nurtured, and they are able to thrive. Our commitment to our vison, rainbow values and the Rights Respecting Award embeds these values in daily school life and gives children the best chance to lead happy, healthy lives and to be responsible, active citizens.
As a school, there is a commitment to recognising and ensuring that:
- All children and staff form strong relationships that nurture a culture of self-belief.
- All learners are given the opportunity to learn and make progress through rich learning experiences, including activities before and after the school day, therefore narrowing the gap between different groups of learners.
- We recognise, respect and celebrate difference in and out of the school community.
- We encourage positive relationships and attitudes towards our academic learning and emotional well-being.
- We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers to learning, particularly for pupils eligible for free-school meals, pupils with special educational needs and disabilities, looked after children and pupils from minority ethnic groups. We aim to work closely with, and recognise the individual circumstances of each child and their family.
Monitoring Equality at Abbots Green
In an ever changing world, at Abbots Green, we continue to monitor and review the progress and well-being of all our pupils. As a leadership team, we ensure that we scrutinise provision and maintain a commitment to the academic, social and emotional achievements of every child.
With our Rainbow provision at the heart of the school, monitoring of pupil well-being is fundamental to academic achievement. Within this, staff, parents and pupils well-being is at the forefront of all that we do.
In considering the impact of any current provision and/or significant changes to provision for students, staff or parents/carers, the school would ensure that every child achieves.
As a school, we ensure that we know our pupils, parents and our staff to allow for monitoring of change and support as required.
Reviewing Equality at Abbots Green
The objectives within our school ethos and values are intended to last for four years. However, it is important that we continue to review these each year and in response to any situation that we are faced with. Objectives will be reported with any amendments to the Governing body as part of the development plan process.